The New STRONG – One Flutter – Catalyst Wings of Change
Creating positive Change in our Communities and Society One FLUTTER at a time.
Community Catalysts of California believes in the “Butterfly Effect”, where a small positive change in a community can result in significant positive changes to society. One FLUTTER – Catalyst Wings of Change inspired by our employee voices, was formed on the idea every employee can be the change they want to see in the world – One FLUTTER – at a time.
One Flutter – Catalyst Wings of Change employee program was launched in July 2020 to support our employees to be the change they want to see in the world – One FLUTTER at a time. Through the Catalyst Wings of Change program employees can support a cause close to their hearts each year through a Day of Change. Employees choosing to participate are empowered to be the change they want to see in the world receiving up to 8 hours of paid time off to volunteer in the community and reimbursement of $25 to donate to a cause of their choice each year.
Community Catalysts of California is committed to building stronger communities where every person feels a sense of belonging. We know our employees are catalysts who can make this a reality – One FLUTTER at time.
“What may seem tiny in your eyes, may just mean the world to another.
What Do You Want Your FLUTTER to Create?”
Ideas and Resources:
YOU CAN HELP by making a donation, giving blood or becoming a Red Cross volunteer.
Click on the logo for more information
Get more information on how to help by visiting redcross.org,
or calling 800-RED CROSS
Donations enable the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to,
and help people recover from disasters.
- Click the logo to Join #Californiansforall! This is a state office
- tasked with engaging Californians in service, volunteering and civic
- action to tackle our State’s most pressing challenges and while
- lifting up all communities. California Volunteers administers the
- AmeriCorps portfolio in California with over 80 programs providing
- critical services to more than 160,000 Californians annually. Led by
- the state’s Chief Service Officer, Josh Fryday, California Volunteers is
- supported by a bipartisan 25-member Commission and a team of
- experts driven by a mission to empower and mobilize all Californians
- to volunteer and serve in their communities.
- Check out this IRS page! Click on the logo.
- Here you can complete a Tax Exempt Organization Search by
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) or by Organization Name!
- Check out Volunteer Match! Click on the logo.
- This site helps you find volunteer opportunities in your area,
- both in-person, and remote! You will be able to search
- volunteer opportunities by your zip code!
HandsOn San Diego does the legwork to make volunteering easy for you!
Click on the logo.
[They] engage individuals as well as small and large groups by connecting
them with local nonprofit organizations where they can donate their time
and talent for a variety of projects and activities. Nonprofit organizations
benefit because volunteer engagement increases their reach and capacity.
Volunteers benefit because they witness first-hand how they are positively
impacting the San Diego region.
- Check out America’s Charities! Click on the logo.
- This site will help you find great organizations near you!
- America’s Charities is an alliance of 120 501(c)(3) organizations
- that are reviewed annually and must meet specific eligibility
- criteria before they become a part of this alliance.
- Check out Idealist! Click on the logo.
- This is a nonprofit organization based in New York that connects
- people with organizations nationwide! “In the last 25 years [they have]
- connected more than 130,000 organizations with tens of millions of
- people: posted close to a million jobs and hundreds of thousands of
- internships and volunteer opportunities; organized more than 250
- graduate-school fairs; and built a grad-school directory to help people
- advance their social impact career.”